- tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 2×1″ piece of ginger, peeled, sliced
- 5 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For buffalo sauce:
Mix first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in hot sauce; keep warm.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 week ahead. Let cool completely; cover and chill. Rewarm before using.
For ginger-soy glaze:
Bring all ingredients and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve honey. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/4 cup, 7–8 minutes. Strain into a medium bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.